Department of Tamil
Tamil is one of the classical language in the world. It is very rich with vast literary works. As literature is considered to be a subject which teaches life, the department desires to provide sound knowledge in Tamil language and literature to the student.
B.A Tamil literature was started in the year 2004-2005 to help students from rural background to continue their higher education after their high school studies. To enhance rural education, P.G course was started in the year 2005-2006 and Shift II for UG Tamil course was introduced in the year 2007. To enhance research studies in Tamil Literature, Ph.D course was started in the academic year 2011-12. Further the essential steps are being taken to introduce M.Phil programme and to upgrade the department into a Research Department during the year 2012-2013.
• To impart the literary and linguistic value of Tamil and its classical values among students
• To provide facilities to get complete access to ancient and modern Tamil literature.
• To inculcate knowledge and skills that enable students to meet their life requirements and to fulfil their social responsibilities.
• To adopt strategies to impart the best socio, cultural and linguistic value of the language.
• To provide facilities to empower the students according to the modern technology.
• To promote research activates among staff and students.
- To understand working of the society.
- To encourage the moral and ethical values to the students.
- To motivate the students in various extracurricular activities.
- To encourage the student to expertise in Tamil literature.