Department of Botany
The undergraduate course Botany was started in the academic year 2012 - 2013. M.Sc Botany was started in the year 2013-2014 and upgraded as Research Department by introducing Ph.D Course in the year 2013-14 .The Department offers Ancillary Botany to Zoology for students. Plant Biotechnology is one of the most advanced fields in the recent years, so our curriculum covers the modern scientific trend subjects such as Cell and Molecular biology; Genetics, Plant breeding, Plant Biotechnology, Genetic engineering, Applied Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Bioinstrumentation and Bioinformatics etc. These papers bring about the overall knowledge about the scientific era. The department provides effective teaching methods to improve the students who come from poor educational and financial background.
Botanical study tour was conducted during 18.02.2015 to 20.02.2015 to visit the Western Ghats Region of Ooty. Students collected plants available in that area and got through field knowledge about plant diversity and tea plantation they also visited tea factory at only and they enjoyed the evening at black thunder, coimbature.
• To enrich the students’ knowledge and skills to empower them for multitalented career.
• To enrich the practical knowledge of the students in technological aspects to face the challenges in the modern world.
• To empower students from rural area with quality higher education.
• To promote quality sustained education to students of this socially, economically backward class.
• To provide all-round development to students and mould them as efficient citizens.
• To make students competent for job or higher education.
- To teach
basic plant science.
- To equip
the students to meet the nation’s demand.
- To provide a student-centered and profession oriented higher education.