Department of English
The English department was introduced in the year 1960 as a ancillary subject. The major B.A English was introduced during the year 2012-2013. M.A English was started in the year 2014-2015. Language lab facilitates the students to hone their communicative skills with the help of updated software.
• To produce competent graduates with literary knowledge and language skills.
• To impart value based knowledge in order to make the students socially committed citizens.
• To offer holistic education which empower learners for higher studies, related career or research.
• Providing essential literary knowledge and language skills.
• Making students competent in communication skills• Imparting essential skills for jobs in public as well as private sectors.
- To provide opportunities to enhance students’ communication skills.
- To make the students be able to demonstrate critical thinking especially to analyze, synthesize and evaluate ideas and texts.
- To make the students to understand and describe the role of literature in the development of society.
- To practice the students in critical and evaluative reading.