Department of History
The Department of History was established in June 1970. B.A.History Tamil Medium was introduced during the year1985-1986. MA History course started in 2003-2004. When shift system was introduced in the government colleges in the year 2007, B.A Course was started in the second shift also and upgraded as Research Department by introducing M.Phil and Ph.D during the year 2012-2013.
• To create national / global historical sensibility among students.
• To produce employable graduates in the field.
• To promote research activities among staff and students in the discipline.
• To promote quality sustained education to rural students of socially, economically backward class.
• To provide an all-round development to the rural students with a hope to mould them as efficient citizens.
• To empower students from socially, economically and educationally backward area by creating the best learning resources.
- To prepare the students
to understand the broad context of human experience as well as a systematic and
analytical comprehension of historical concentration.
- To make the students to
understand the historical context of contemporary social and civic issues.
- To instill in students a
passion for learning about the past to enable them gain a better understanding
of the contemporary world and make connections to the future.