Department of Physics
The undergraduate course Physics was started in the academic year 1971-1972. When Shift System was introduced in the government Colleges in the year 2007, B.Sc course was introduced in second shift also. M.sc Physics was started in the year 2011-2012 and upgraded as Research Department by introducing M.Phil and Ph.D Course in the year 2013-2014.
The staff members are specialized in various fields like Photonics, Polymer Physics, Photoacoustic Spectroscopy, Astrophysics, Nano science and Technology, Energy and Environmental Physics. We have well equiped physics lab with advanced equipments like Dip coating unit, Ultrasonic interferometer, Photeo acoustic spectrometer and Polymeric nano material synthesizer which will be of much useful to the research scholars.Our staff members are sanctioned with both minor and major projects from UGC. Our staff also guide scholars for pursuing Ph.D Programme under part time.
Students are encouraged to participate in the Seminars and Competitions conducted by other colleges in and around Sivagagai.
• Providing value based quality and updated knowledge in the area of physics.
• Preparing students for jobs in state and national level in their relevant subject.
• Enhancing research attitude among staff and students by improving the facilities in the department.
• To provide authentic knowledge in physics by adopting innovative teaching and evaluation strategy.
• To impart value based knowledge to make students responsible citizens.
• To inculcate research attitude by making learners to be aware of innovations in the field.
- Provide a classy level of education for teaching of undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Prepare the student in possessions of physics and the principles of systematic methods required for the wrapping up of physical tests.
- Provide an opportunity for students to deepen his knowledge in the branches of physics so that views on the out skirts of contemporary science.
- Analysis of the student in-depth knowledge of the extent of scientific maturity can participate effectively in the scientific and technical aspects of the development and planning programs.
- Work in the achievement of applied research, basic scientific research, experimental, theoretical and applied.