Department of Zoology
The undergraduate course Zoology was started in the academic year 1966. When Shift System was introduced in the government Colleges in the year 2007, B.Sc course was introduced in second shift also. M.Sc Zoology was started in the year 2012-2013 and upgraded as Research Department by introducing M.Phil and Ph.D Course in the year 2013-14.
The Department makes every possible effort to impart valued teaching to mould the students from rural area.
The curriculam lead in progress of the current subjects such as Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering Animal, Plant and Environmental Biotechnology, Microbiology and Immunology, Biochemistry, Human Reproductive Biology, Economic Zoology, Sericulture, Vermiculture, Environmental studies etc. are keeping in pace of teaching up-front.
• To communicate new perspective in teaching and research thereby shaping it into a leading department.
• To guarantee better quality education that ensures employability.
• To develop a conducive atmosphere for research in the department.
• To impart quality education for students from rural area.
• To empower the students with social relevant research activities.
• To adopt new approaches and scientific measures for the conservation of biodiversity and bio resources.
- Enhancement in academic activity by motivational based teaching.
- To support l the students in curriculum, extracurricular and various competitive examinations.
- Field visit and Educational tour to ecological sites for inspirational knowledge.