The Raja Sivaganga Srimath Muthu Vijaya Regunatha Gowri Vallabha Doraisingam Shanmuga Raja founded this college in memory of his father Srimath Muthu Vijaya Regunatha Gowri Vallabha Doraisingam on August 11, 1947 and named it as Raja Doraisingam Memorial College. With boundless generosity, he allotted ‘Gowri Vilas Palace’ for the functioning of the College, besides gifting out the entire stock of his precious books, his club house and play grounds to the College. It may be the only college in India with a total area of 216.65 acre of land, revealing the broad vision of the founder for future expansion and development of this institution. From 01-07-1981 onwards this college was undertaken by the Government of Tamil Nadu with the noble mission of providing higher education to rural students.
Mr. R. Somasundara Manikandan, Director of Physical Education (incharge)
+91 99949 36448